Wine Dinner at La Mar
Executive Chef Victoriano Lopez, Sous Chef Ricardo Younis and Vintner Ross Halleck will pair cool climate Sonoma wines paired with La Mar’s award-winning Peruvian cuisine for an intimate sit-down dinner in a private dining room, which was once the ticket office to the Piers with oversized windows overlooking the Financial District.
Priced at $135 per person, the six-course food and wine pairing menu includes:
- Cebiche Victoriano: cured amberjack, sunchoke leche de tigre, artichokes chips, purple sweet potatoes, and micro greens paired with 2020 Sobre Vista Vineyard Chardonnay
- El Poderoso: Maine live scallop, Santa Barbara sea urchin, and Kumamoto oyster served on smoked aji Amarillo sauce paired with 2021 Calandrelli Vineyard Gewurztraminer
- Los Tres Socios: ahi tuna collar, Alaskan halasz halibut cheeks, hiramasa belly, glazed with nikkei sauce, served on green peas puree paired with 2021 Little Sister Sauvignon Blanc
- Ravioli Bachiche: King crab ravioli, chupe sauce, and quail egg with spicy chalaca paired with 2021 Not Your Mother’s Dry White Zinfandel
- El Adobo: Berkshire pork cheek in adobo, with quinoa tamal and pickled onions paired with 2018 Clone 828 Pinot Noir
- Peruvian Chocolate Dessert paired with 2018 Haas Vineyard Pinot Noir
Tickets are available HERE.
Wine Events Calendar
What goes better with French food? French wines or California wines? Winemaker Ross Halleck of Halleck Vineyard in Sonoma County collaborated with Bar Boulud Sommelier Victoria Taylor in Manhattan on a private vintner dinner to find out. …
Pairing the best wine with Mediterranean food is notoriously difficult. There’s a menagerie of spices and herbs that don’t mesh easily with white and red wine varietals. …